Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Meet the Press

Today started off as an interesting one. I received a phone call from Rich Lord of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette this morning and he asked me a few questions. For all of you who have met me you may have sensed that I am a "look you in the eye, firm handshake" kind of guy...you would be correct. On the phone though, dealing with a disembodied voice I am always weary of not coming across as I intend. There is much to be said about looking into someones eyes when you speak with them. The interview was brief but I was very excited and a bit nervous. It was, after all, my first interview since starting my campaign.

Overall I think it went well, I told Rich who I was and why I was running for Mayor.

You can read the article online at: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07220/807815-100.stm

Now I am off to file more paperwork. There seems to be a whole heck of a lot of paper to push in order to simply get on the ballot. I wonder what the founding fathers would think of all the bureaucracy...after they processed the freed slaves, women's suffrage, airplanes, the Internet, cell phones and everything else that would amaze them, that is.